The Nature of Tanzania
Custom Travel | 11 Days
- Abundant animal sightings in Africa’s most illustrious wildlife reserve
- Camps chosen for their wonderful comfort and proximity to animals
- Overnight on the rim of 2000-foot-deep Ngorongoro Crater
- Experience the warmth of the Maasai people
Tanzania’s wildlife is as bountiful as many places on earth, but its gentle people and soaring landscapes also command our attention—exceptional, even for a continent as vast as Africa. To appreciate the country’s beauty and drama, you’ll journey across Tarangire National Park to the Serengeti, following the seasonal movements of animals and reveling in spectacular game viewing. Along the way, you spend time with the local Maasai and relax at exclusive camps and lodges set on such sensational spots as the rim of Ngorongoro Crater.
What an extraordinary adventure you planned for us! All the natural wonders of Africa were enhanced by beautiful and interesting accommodations, seamless travel from camp to camp, and unique touches that can only be arranged by a group with the expertise, experience, and connections of GeoEx.– HARRIET E.
1 – 3
Arrive in Arusha and fly to Tarangire National Park, where elephants roam savannahs, and leopards doze in acacia trees Revel in the birdlife of Lake Manyara.
Overnight on the rim of Ngorongoro Crater, which abounds with nearly every prominent East African species The area’s volcanoes, grasslands, and mountain forests are home to some 40,000 Maasai.
5 – 7
Mwiba in the southern Serengeti welcomes you to its vast, private reserve Track wildlife on game drives and bush walks, at tree platforms and watering holes.
A flight to the northern Serengeti takes you to the Mara River and a luxury lodge with panoramic views and inviting verandas Watch for lions stalking zebras, gazelles, buffalo, and giraffes.
9 – 11
Venture across the Serengeti, spotting critters among kopjes and rolling seas of grass In the season, witness the Great Migration Fly to Arusha and depart.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered year-round
From $22,800 per person (Custom Trip; high season)
(based on two travelers, sharing a room)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, game drives, events, visits, and entrance fees
- All park and conservation fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of professional wildlife guides/drivers and camp staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance